- What does it mean to you to be the best? Being open to something new, striving for self-improvement, winning gold medals? Only you know this unusual formula and this is your unique path! This unique path of each of us is real life and creativity!.>
The mission of the BEST PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS is to recognize, reward and present talented, BEST photographers from around the world and introduce them to the creative community around the world..
- From 1914, Oskar Barnack (1879–1936), the inventor of the Leica, used the prototype camera he developed, today known as the Ur-Leica, for photography. He captured various events in entire series of photographs and became one of the earliest photographers to document the relationships between man and the environment. For instance, his photography of the floods in Wetzlar in 1920 is now considered to be the first reportage series shot with a 35 mm still film camera. The award named after this photographic pioneer was first awarded in 1979, on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Oskar Barnack’s birth..
- Welcome to the AFP Correspondent blog, taking readers behind the scenes at the global news agency Agence France-Presse. Correspondent was set up in April 2012 to give the public a glimpse inside the 24-hour operations of the world’s third-largest news agency, whose 1,500 text, video and photo journalists span the globe in a vast, multilingual network. This is where they share their stories.
- ‘COST of PEACE’ by award-winning Fotogramma photographer Carlo Cozzoli: Russia has launched a devastating attack on Ukraine, a European democracy of 44 million people, bombarding its cities and closing in on the capital, Kyiv, prompting a mass exodus of refugees. Putin has shattered peace in Europe and thrown the continent’s entire security structure into jeopardy.
- The VII Academy is renovating Le Grenier on the banks of the Rhone River in Arles, France. A UNESCO World Heritage site, this former provincial capital of Rome and home of Van Gogh is the location of the world’s leading festival of photography, Les Rencontres de la Photographie, as well as the French National School of Photography and the Luma Foundation
- Our 2021 year in review was curated by Espen Rasmussen, VII member and photo editor at Norway’s largest news magazine, VG Helg. These photographs represent fragments of personal projects that some of the photographers of VII are working on or assignments that they received in 2021. It is neither a definitive look at the year or of VII but a window into the world we have had the privilege to photograph this past year.
- Astronomy Photographer of the Year showcases the world’s best space photography, from spectacular skyscapes to mind-blowing images of distant planets and galaxies. Every year, photographers from across the globe compete to be part of the final exhibition and take home the prestigious title. This year’s competition is now open. You have until 12pm (GMT) 4 March 2022 to enter.
- VII Photo Agency photographers Ali Arkady, Eric Bouvet, Ron Haviv, Joachim Ladefoged, Maciek Nabrdalik, Ilvy Njiokiktjien, Espen Rasmussen, and John Stanmeyer, along with VII Academy Fellow Byron Smith, and many VII Academy Alumni have been on the ground in Ukraine and the border since the beginning of the war.
- Shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, photographer Maranie Staab left her home in Portland, Oregon for Chisinau, the capital of Moldova. For the past eight weeks, she has been photographing war refugees and aid groups in Moldova, and on frequent trips into Ukraine, including Odesa, Mykolaiv, and Kyiv, she has photographed the evacuation of refugees and the landscape of war and destruction. Her photographs often include detailed information about the people whose lives have been turned upside down by the greatest use of armed forces and destruction in Europe since WWII.